Friday, April 3, 2015

What is Sociology 5 - 안지영 (An Ji Young)

Last class our main topic was economy. Though it is my personal thought, economy is little bit unfamiliar and hard to me. So I worried when I first recognize topic is economy. In lecture we saw economy through sociological lenses, because we are learning sociology. From this view economy is the social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. When we look economy from functionalist perspective, economy has function of securing and distributing resources. And then we learn economic history. 

While we were learning about history of economy, we learn increase and decline of globalization. And we had discussion of reason why globalization reduces in 1917 and 1947. First I was having difficulty because I am laywomen in history. But a member of our team said she think the main caution of reduction of globalization is the World War. She explained to me because the World War 1 break out at 1914, reduction of globalization start from 1914. Also because the World War 2 hold out from 1939 to 1945, small reduction of globalization last from 1939 to 1945. 


And then we learn post-industrial economy. Example of this part was 3D printing. I think 3D printing is very important and innovative technology. By using this technology, all of us could be a designer. Also we can represent our individuality in our stuff. Because of these reasons I am expecting to meet this technology.

1 comment:

  1. I think your opinion is very reasonable. By using 3D printer, we make our own products. We also represent personality. Like this,I think 3D printer has many good advantages.

    ReplyDelete