Saturday, March 7, 2015

First post-"what is sociology" 백송은(Baek song-eun)


First post-"what is sociology" 백송은(Baek song-eun)

 
-Introduction
I started taking interest in sociology because I had interested in relationships with others as well as the factor that is related to my behaviors. When piotr told us sociolosy, he told that we will learn about the cause that people fall in love and work. So I can't wait for the first class! MY, as expected, It was interesting that the first class which we debate reasons of phenomenon.

 
-Interesting thing that I learned
personal space- the region surrounding a person which they regard as psychologically theirs.
(sourced by wikipedia)
The reason that I choose thing is It was even clear to me who tend to like others when it defined into one word the fact that it feels bad when others intrude in my area .
we debated on 2 topics

 
-topic1
why does fashion change?
We think that the cause of this phenomenon is people's desire. High class want to express that they are different. So they choose one style. At this moment, since the common ppl felt the feeling of inferiority from the style of the upper class, they started to imitate their style.
Once, the common ppl followe the style of upper class, the trend begins
(sourced by http://seattlemom.tistory.com/318)
topic2
why star craft game so popural in korea?
My teammate and I thought the obsession was the reason. Koreans who do not like boredom got intoxicated by their competitiveness and got hooked into Starcraft.

 
-At the end
It was good to share ideas on topics that i`ve never thought of with other friends. i think sociology will be more interesting. i`ll share my ideas more often from now on

3 comments:

  1. In your opinion about first topic, mention about people's desire was impressive. The reason of imitate was desire to be high class. And I agree with you in topic2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your opinion about Topic 2 is that the fashion changes because of people's desire. The upper classes want to express that they are different from other people and the middle or lower classes imitate the fashion of the upper classes to be equal to them. Then do you think the upper classes change the fashion again to be different from the people who follow their fashion? As a result the fashion continues change, isn’t it? I partially agree with your opinion for that the lower and middle classes are likely to imitate the upper ones. Because the social inequality exists in every country. However, these days in the modern society, to whom do we usually want to be similar? In the TV or drama, we see the“Idole”group as the “star” and would like to share the common things with them. I think nowadays the cultural element is also influential.
    In the meanwhile, I have a question suddenly. If there is country where the social inequality such as class don’t exist, then how does the fashion change in that country? Of course the method of making a supposition isn’t the empirical method but I think the question like this is helpful to find the other reasons why the fashion change! I want to discuss this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your opinion about why does fashion change is exellent. And I agree that opinion. Also, I think imitating upper class changes fashion,too.

    ReplyDelete