Friday, March 13, 2015

What is sociology?(2)-Sung-an Cho 조성안

3/9~3/10 2015

Prologue
I took 'Invitation to sociology' second lecture on Monday,and Tuesday. At that time, we have learned about difference between sociology and many other studies. We compared sociology to anthropology,history,economics,science,politics, and many other things. That was really interesting. Because when I took this lecture for the first time, I didn't have thought about comparing sociology to another study. So it was fresh experiene.
 And also we learned about views of prominent sociologists: Karl Marks and Emil Durkheim.

Emil Durkheim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89mile_Durkheim
Karl Marx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx




Two topics
-What makes who we are? The genes, or the environment?
-Can you think of examples of charismatic, traditional and rational-legal leaders of governments in the history of Aisa?
 We discussed about two topics. It was more heavier than the first lecture's topics. Especially, I was confused because of second topic. I  couldn't understand the meaning of that leaders. As a solution, I asked professer about the meaning and could understand.

First Topic
 Gene? Or Environment?
-"In the view of genes"


Gene!
 When I was discussing with my teammates, I thought that environment is more important factor that makes who we are. But now I think different way now. Gene can be more important factor of making us who we are. First reason, every different gene can make each other person to think,feel,and behavior different way. Even in the same situation, some people will take it easy but other people won't take it easy. Many people will think that even if some two person have same genes, they will be different two because of their living environment. And so did I! But I think that there can't be exactly same person. And another reason for this view is that technology has not developed yet to do so. For this reason, every man(except ideal twins) has different gene and that makes them discriminable.
 
 
 
Second Topic
 "King Gwanggaeto The Great"
-Good example of Traditional/Charismatic Leader

King Gwanggaeto's portrait

 King Gwanggaeto The Great is one of the kings of Goguryeo(One of the ancient Three Kingdoms of  Korea. 37BC – 668AD). He has conquered many battles himself. And took possesion of wide territories for his kingdom. He was carried out large conquest war up to the throne at the age of 18 of young age . During the '39 of short life, this achievement he has done, is pride of our nation to be comparable with the Conqueror Alexander of the West. His leadership and ability in battle made me think that he is Charismatic Leader. And Because he is king, he is a Traditional Leader.

Epilogue

 We have discussed about heavier topics than last lecture. I thought that it will be harder, and my guess was right to me. But it was more interesting to going deeper! As going deeper part of sociology, I could learn more of it. And it was really joyfull to discussing about not only wide topics, but also deep topics. Through this progress, I could think more harder and try to find out example. In usuall, i wouldn't try to find out examples for explaining something. So throughout this lecture(and upcomming one too) I could have chance to think deeper and stay active in class.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog well. I think ability of your blog post is more and more. While most including me was with the environment is more important, you have inherited is important. Among the contents of the blog, and thought for each person, but a method to act was different, at this point, I found that genetic is also important as the environment. Finally, Except for the topic1, it was thought similar to me and It was possible to understand better by attaching a link to the photo documentation.

    ReplyDelete