Thursday, March 26, 2015

What is sociology? 4 조규현(Cho Gyuhyun)

What functions religion may have ?



I think religion have some positive things to people. 

First aspect is the peace of mind. For me, I am a christian. So I believe in God whenever. When I am in trouble, and it making me depressed, I pray to God, he makes me peaceful and hopeful. And I trust for he will make my way. It can be peace for me. It is just for me but besides my faith Protestantism, Whoever having religion could take peace of mind I think.

Second aspect is the social welfare of religion do. Every religion like Catholic, Protestantism, Buddhism, Islam and so on emphasize love, mercy, faith and so on. So their did for social welfare is very wide. For example, my church '동산교회' do many charitable works like giving education for poor students in no cost. And do 'good partners' is helping many African people for well water project, and helping them to giving some money to education. It couldn't explain all of religion's social welfare works.

Last thing i think about the religion's positive thing is about culture. We can think about medieval Europe. In Europe, Christianity was dominant in that times. So the style of churches lead that time's the style of architecture like baroque, rococo, and so on. It develop the technology of architect. And like CCM(Contemporary Christian Music) religion make many things of cultural things.

1 comment:

  1. I read well your blog. I agree that religion gives a positive impact on people. You religious function gives peace to the mind, and that you enjoy the social welfare, was to have given a positive impact on the culture. If you look at your blog from sociological point of view, it seems to be writing a blog from a functional theory point of view.

    ReplyDelete