Thursday, March 12, 2015

What is sociology? (2) - lee ye won (이예원)


In this week, I thought I studied hard sociology. March 9th when I listened the course, I thought sociology is connected many studies. - For example economy, anthropology and history and so on. I thought sociology is big and huge study. So it is many jobs in sociology.
 
 
 I learned concept of sociobiology. I thought it was same the biology. I mean it is concentrated people acting. It seems like biology concentrate bio acting. Anyway, we discussed ‘what is more important – our genes or our environment?’ our team thought that the most important thing was environment. Even though someone had good genes and so smart, someone changed bad if its environment was so bad. It is our main subject. We thought we don’t change our genes but if we try many things. She changed our life. So we thought environment is important.

March 10th we learned sociologists. I was very interesting to learn sociology. There were many sociologists – Comet, Max, Durkheim and so on…. I learned that sociologists were different their research methods and how to study in sociology.
 
One of the most interesting sociologists was Weber. He is my reason I decided to major sociology. I was interesting he defined leadership – charismatic authority, traditional authority, rational – legal authority. We discussed ‘Can you think of example of charismatic, traditional and rational – legal leader or governments in the history of own country?’ our team thought that leader is president Pack jung hi. We thought he tried to grow the economy in south korea. So our country was boosted the economy dramatically. (he ruled with an iron hand….ironically)

 

It was so boring… scientific method. it is so harder to learn sociology in English. But I would try to study harder…. May someday good luck to me…

1 comment:

  1. I also think environment is more important than genes and your example of that opinion is easy to understand. Also I was bit surprise because you decide to study sociology because of Weber. And I also think president Park jung hi is charismatic leader. Although this is digression I am having tough time either. Wish you good luck and me either!

    ReplyDelete