Thursday, March 26, 2015

What is sociology of religion?


March 23th, I learned the society of religion. I thought the religion is as large as society. Belief of religion is supernatural, religion communicates sociology and various sects of religion and so on… I interested that one of the sociologist, Weber, explained that religion connected economy. It’s said by Protestiantism. (I will publish his argument blog somebay…) I also interested that Durkheim suggested that religion fought ALIENATION(not being connected to the wider culture and society) in modern life. We discussed that ‘Can you think of other examples in how religion can be used to control people?’ our team thought examples - Musilm and Maynmar. People believing Musilm avoid eating pork. (I publish the blog why they don’t eat pork.) and Maynmar is the GDF low levels. But people’s domination is best. Because the state religion of Maynmar is Buddism.

 

March 24th, I learned globalization of religions. There are many religions in many countries. Interesting thing was documentation of religion. For example we know that jesus Christ’s birthday is December. But his birthday is September. This time, specifically, we watched the documentary in TED and discussed. the question is that “What is main argument here? Do you agree with Appiah’s analysis of religion?” our team was agree that. We thought that his opinion is kind of agnostic perspective and religion is symbol of human. It means human society. We don’t believe religion or we believe religion. It is free!

 

Time is so fast. April is coming! I want to write English freely. When I am doing assignment, I always find the data. All data is written English! Help me!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment