Saturday, March 21, 2015

lecture review 3_이진혁 Lee Jin Hyeok

I was asked interesting question. "Korean people are not very religious, they value hard work, they value material and they physical well being over more spiritual well being. would you agree?"

Korea consider important of religious freedom as a democratic country.  most old adults have their religion. But, These days, most young people don`t believe god as adults. I has no religion. But I don`t an atheist. Since I don`t feel the need for faith, I just don`t go to church or temple. So think that Korean people are not very religious.

I don`t agree that Korean people value effort. I think that Korean people tend to judge person from results that he make (not from his process of trying). If I don`t pass university although you study hard for three years in high school, I will be ignored most people.  World sees only the results.

I disagree these sentences that 'Korean people value material' and 'Korean people value physical well being over more spiritual well being'. Because they are Korean people, they value material? This will be different for each person. one person values material. another person values mental. 
 
 
 
Can we think of examples of cultures that were not tolerated in Korea in the past but became accepted in recent years?
 
In the past, Korean students`s hair style was severely regulated. boy`s hair was very short like soldier. girl`s hair was limited until 3cm below ear. But since 2010, students got a little freedom from hair regulation. Of course, these days dye and perm is prohibited at most schools but so much has changed compared to the past.
When I have this question, I remembered Korea animation 'Black rubber shose' which deals with material in 1960s~1970s of Korea... 










 

1 comment:

  1. Past, Korea has a hair harsh restrictions. In addition, curfew was also exists And korea n people did not go out of the house more than 12 o'clock at night. But now we can go out freedom because freedom is to be respected. . Therefore, the night clubs, the pop culture evolved.

    ReplyDelete