Saturday, March 7, 2015

What is Sociology? Mina Kim 김미나




March.3 First class : What is sociology

 I discussed two topics with my team members at 3rd of March class.

1. Why does fashion change?
About this theme we thought in terms of the past. When society formed hierarchical society, the lower class yearned for wealth. However, the upper class worn a nice clothes unlike the lower class. Each time the lower class similarly imitated the upper class's clothes. Through this process, these phenomenon has spreaded like trend

2. Why is the Starcraft so popular in Korea?

When considered the nature of the starcraft, why starcraft is a popular reason in Korea is that Korean's character trait is patience and competitive spirit. Also, PC room was developed and the people had a free time unlike 1997. People spend leisure time in playing game like starcraft. Also, starcraft was new game genre. korean people had more curiosity and interesting.

before listen to this lesson, i thought that sociology was dealing with professional field. However, the more i listened to this class, the more i knew that sociology is the multifaceted part of our lives. Sociology is very interesting study for me. I wonder sociology is any part in our lives. class? fashion? society? electronics? i think the answer is all correct. In this class, I want to learn all our lives through social studies.

4 comments:

  1. I agree your opinion! In the past, clothes symbolize hierarchy.So I think relatively lower class imitated upper class' clothes. At that time starcraft was novel and innovative. Thus I think many people had curiosity and the game spread more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that lower classes trying to resemble the upper classes. Also i agee your opinion about sociology study. It's very interesting study to me. Let's enjoy studing about sociology ~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  4. It is interesting how you thought the reason fashion changes in a historical light. I thought in a light considering the nature of human. I thought it may be the nature of humans to change fashion.

    ReplyDelete