Saturday, March 7, 2015

What is Sociology???-신명주 Shin Myeong Ju

 
 

MAIN TOPIC : WHAT IS SOCIOLOGY??

Name : Myeong-Ju Shin

Date : March 3rd, 2015

 When I heard "Invitation to Sociology" lecture, I don't know that what it means exactly.
So I don't have interest about "Sociology".
But my idea changed when heard first of Peter professor saying when orientaion training.
The others subject have a exactly course and answer.
But "Sociology" do not have exactly answer. So open up everybody.
"Sociology" is not difficult.
And "Sociology" always is my around.
But just I didn't percevive about that still.
So I was surprised when heard professor question. "Why does fashion change?" and "Why Star-craft game so popular in Korea?" are so fresh question to me.
 

Topic 1 : Why does fashion change?

 I accept natural that fashion is change. So I am embarrassed when professor said this topic.
Me and my team-member debate about "Why does really fashion change?".
When end of our debate, We think that relation fashion and the upper classes, and fashion and internet develope.
First, We think that always have been the upper classes. The upper classes change again and again keep up with the times. But the upper classes always minority. And the others want to be like them. So I think that do fashion change.
Second, We think that internet develope impact on fashion. Because internet help quickly exchange information with opposite people of world. Opposite person's fashion can see just 'now and here'. People look about another people fashion, and impact on each other. So fashion change thanks to internet develope.
 

Topic 2 : Why Star-craft game so popular in Korea?

 
 I express and announcement about this topic. So remain still my mind about this topic. I think star-craft's popularity relation with korean students's stress. Korean students have a lot of pressure about study. So they have many stress about study. They need to solve this problme with friends. Becase teenager consider that friends very important even more than family. Star-craft is funny when play with friends together. They play Star-craft with friends for solve the stress. So I think Star-craft game especially so popular in Korea.
 
 First class of "Invitation to Sociology" is very important to me. Because this lecture draw my interest about "Sociology". So I look forward this class in future. I want to get different with another's standpoint(standpoint about sociology) to see the world. So I want to be look the world a little different point.
 
copyright : google image

6 comments:

  1. It is interesting for your opinion Starcraft's popularity is relative with Korean students's stress! And I agree that opinion. Because when I was in high school, I played the game a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Starcraft's popularity is relative with Korean student's stress because of my brother. My brother played the game a lot when after high school class..^^;;

      Delete
  2. I didn't have thought about stressed students. That was really good mention!! And your opinion that upper class has contributed to fashion change is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your perspective of fashion change. I also think it reflects social status.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than in the classroom when it learned was memorizing formulas society of high school, you are free to debate and had time to share the opinion of each other. topic 1, I agree to the fact that the influence of the internet is large changes in fashion. Because it is possible to share ideas fashion that others have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your idea that popularity relation with korean student's stress and internet develope impact on fashion is fresh.

    ReplyDelete