Friday, March 6, 2015

What is sociology? - Lee ye won 이예원


 

 

 


 


March 3th, I listened the course: ‘what is sociology’ and discussed five subjects to my friends. When I discussed the five subjects, I thought it was really interesting and funny. Because when I was high school student, I didn’t have discussion in class. Anyway, I realized that sociology defines many things. I thought that everything in our life relates sociology. Because we are living in the society, we are communicating people and making something in our live. (This thinking is my personal thinking….by the way…)
Our team selected one of the subjects: ‘why dose fashion change?’ and announced to professor.

The generation changed so People’s clothes changed. When the people concentrated something, fashion changed. This is our main subject. That was very simple subject we quest for something. I thought it was interesting topic. because I didn't have thought about that.

I think that very hard subject in the course is ‘why is starcraft so popular in korea?’. Our team members were all women so didn’t explain and sympathize with this point of view. When we knew later, we admired and laughed about that. We didn’t think about the unemployed people in 1990s and internet room. I thought when I study sociology, I should think very large.
 
(this pictures are taken by Naver.)

4 comments:

  1. You have simillar opinion about sociology!
    I also thought that it is not easy to comprehend sociology but it was much more fun! Thinking about things that can be overlooked was good opportunity to make my sights more deeper and wider.(In my case)
    Oh and I also didn't have thought about that unemployent contributed to popularity of starcraft. That was really good mention! And I didnt have thought that generation is related with fashion change either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your explanation about sociology and I could understand more deeply about sociology. And I also think fashion changes because people's values or object of concentration changes. And I could sympathize with you because I also had difficult time debating about Topic 2 (Why is Starcraft so popular in Korea?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starcraft is released in 1998. And... IMF is took place in 1997... is that right?
    Increase of unemployment seems to related in popularity of Starcraft!!!!!!!! wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete